Corporate Social Responsibility
The Peoples Bank strives as a financial institution and as individuals to participate in our communities in a meaningful positive way. It’s our corporate social responsibility to make each community we serve a better place because The Peoples Bank has an office there.
Over the years, The Peoples Bank has supported several noteworthy organizations demonstrating our commitment to assist worthy causes, improve the communities we serve, and help those in need.
In 2017, The Institute of Extraordinary Banking awarded The Peoples Bank with a Money Smarts Banky Category Excellence Award for Financial Literacy Education. The award recognized the bank’s ongoing efforts to educate individuals in our community, including young people, through partnerships with area schools and Prairie Independent Living Resource Center. In addition, the bank annually hosts a First Time Homebuyer Seminar.
The Peoples Bank staff serve on the boards and committees of several non-profit and community based organizations including:
- Barber County Extension Council
- Community Food Bank Investment Committee
- Kansas Water Authority – Red Hills, Barber County Regional Advisory Committee
- Medicine Lodge Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Peoples Heartland Foundation
- Kingman County Extension Council
- Kingman Lions Club
- Kiowa County Kiowa County Economic Development Cooperation
- Kiowa County Housing Authority, Inc.
- Family Crisis Center – Pratt Supervisory Board
- Hope Center
- Kanza District Boy Scouts of America
- Pass it Forward Charities, Inc.
- Pratt Area Chamber of Commerce
- Pratt Community College Foundation Board
- Pratt Community College President’s Council
- Pratt Health Coalition
- Pratt USD 382 Board of Education
- South Central Community Foundation Grants Committee
- Great Plains Health Alliance
- Smith Center City Council
- Smith Center Economic Development
- Smith County Area Chamber of Commerce
- Smith County Community Foundation
- Smith County Housing Authority
- Smith County Memorial Hospital Fundraising Committee
- U.S. Center Foundation